About the Role
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a quotes & procurement coordinator looking for an exciting opportunity in the lighting, audio visual and interactive design industry? Are you looking to be part of a growing organization with a fun, progressive team? Are you ready to take the next step in your career and lead a dynamic group of projects from beginning to end? If this sounds like what you are looking for, you may be a great fit for us.
We are looking for a quotes & procurement coordinator to join our team in Vancouver working from the office. In this role you will be responsible for the pricing, quotation and procurement of audio visual and lighting components and systems in Eos Lightmedia’s projects across North America and beyond. This role supports the design and integration team members to provide accurate quotations to customers during the project. The Quotations and Procurement Coordinator is responsible for the purchase and delivery of all installation equipment for projects. This role reports to the Director of Integration.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Working with the integration team to prepare quotations for change orders on projects
- Communicating with vendors to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive at their destinations on time
- Working on project registration with suppliers to manage project pricing
- Interacting with suppliers to resolve issues and gather critical information such as invoices, tracking info, tax documents, etc.
- Procuring lighting and audio visual equipment for projects based on procurement schedule
- Assisting in procuring materials for onsite teams at active job sites where time is of the essence
- Making recommendations and participate in improving procurement and quoting processes
- A variety of other related duties
Eos Lightmedia offers a fun, supportive and collaborative working environment.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to meet you!
Eos Lightmedia is an equal opportunity employer and believes that our differences should be celebrated. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace environment for all employees. Eos Lightmedia is a place where you can grow, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. However you identify, and whatever background you bring, if this role makes you excited to come to work everyday, you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Excellent vendor communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting corporate deadlines and receiving critical orders on time
- Computer savvy with mid-to high level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and file management
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good decision-making and negotiation skills preferably gained in a purchasing/procurement environment.
- Ability to build professional relationships with management, contractors and suppliers
- Ability to collaborate with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified
- 1 year experience purchasing, estimating or 2 - 3 years stage managing live theatre - Familiarity with lighting and AV systems and components would be an asset
- Good business ethics
- Soft skills including communication, effective presentation, and multicultural understanding
- Knowledge of supply chain management in the lighting and/or entertainment industry an asset
- Procurement-related or electronic Accounts Payable experience (procurement, expediting, or other order entry) an asset
- The ability to listen, persuade, analyze, and negotiate
- Organized work methods with good time & project management skills
- Strong problem solving abilities - Excellent command of English language, verbal and written
- Interest in working in a teaching and learning environment.
- Comfortable with Apple/Mac platform is an asset not essential.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as required from time to time
About the Company
Eos Lightmedia installs complex lighting and audio visual systems in Museum, Science Centres, Attractions and Architectural environments. We have a wide range of services we provide including:
- Lighting Design, supply and installation
- AV Design, supply and installation
- Software development and deployment
- Lighting and audio visual system programming.